I am involved with various initiatives and campaigns. I enjoy providing support to charities and activists where I can, especially on issues relating to inequalities, discrimination and gender. This support includes, fundraising and service delivery, as well as marketing and PR coaching.
Additionally, I have also taken on more formal voluntary roles, these are listed below.
- Chair of Independent Members, cross-government Anti-Muslim Hatred Working Group
- Founder and Editor, ‘She Speaks We Hear’
- Trustee, Nisa-Nashim, Muslim Jewish Women’s Network
Former Voluntary roles:
- Muslim Family Specialist, Christian Muslim Forum
- Advisory Board Member for Demos Faith Inquiry, Prince of Wales Mosaic’s Ex-Offender
- Programme Guidance Panel, NSPCC’s Safeguarding BAME Panel (two years).
- Judge for Young Muslim Writers Awards
- 2011; Advisor to EastEnders (BBC) writers 2009 to 2010.